Skip to main content

Why is Modesty Important to Me As A Woman of God? (Physical Modesty) (Part V)




Greetings to all! I know I have been away for a while, started school again and I have been trying to get back into the swing of things and balance it all, but I am back. Ready to tackle this controversial topic of physical modesty. I want to address the reasons why I dress modestly and what I find to be modest and immodest. This is based on personal opinion and some may not agree, but I just want to get some people thinking………
In the last post I left the question, “As a woman of God, do you dress modestly?” First and foremost I want to answer this question myself.  I think that as a woman of God I dress quite modestly, my father and brother will say that sometimes my pants are a bit too tight, but that’s the only complaint I have gotten from men that care about my way of dress. I never have my breast, back, or stomach out for the world to see, or wear shorts that are so short you can see all that God has blessed me with. I dress modestly and try to be a good representation of Christ. When I look at my way of dress and the way today’s women dress, I know that I am dressing right in God’s sight. Some people ask how do you know this? I always know my limits and boundaries in everything that I do in life because of the guidance of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit has a way of making me feel like I am naked. Certain clothes make me feel very uncomfortable and this discomfort is always the conviction of the Holy Spirit. I have observed that what I find as immodest as a Christian woman may not be immodest in another Christian woman’s eyes. You must be convicted through the Holy Spirit in the way that you dress and have a reason why you wear what you wear. Usually if you are on the fence about the outfit, you probably shouldn’t wear it. However, Christian women today are conforming to society standards of how we should dress and one can’t tell the difference between a Christian woman and a woman in the world.
Romans 12:2 (KJV) says, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”  A lot of Christian women are conforming to how the world says we should dress and as the years progress the clothing becomes less and less and it gets harder to find modest clothing. In addition, a lot of Christian women are conforming to the world’s way of dress to get attention from men and compete with other women. In all my years of dressing modestly, I have never shown any type of skin to gain the attention of a man and the men who I have come in contact with (Christian and non- Christian) never had any problem with my way of dress, and I found that they respected me for it. I may have not had every man dropping his jaw at me, but I was always for the most part treated with respect. It is so rear to find a woman that covers herself in today’s society. Nonetheless God says in I Timothy 2:9 (KJV), “In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array.” So we are called to be modest in a world where it is so rare.
Which brings me to what I believe to be immodest types of clothing that I believe Christian women should not wear. The photos above display two women wearing bikinis. This topic is always a touchy one when it comes to Christian women because some believe that you can wear them and some believe you shouldn’t, we as women of God are at a divide when it comes to clothing as a whole. However, I will give my viewpoints on bikinis and other types of clothing in my next post. I want you to start reevaluating the way you dress as a woman of God and your purpose behind what you wear.  I want to leave this question with you all in reference to the photos I have posted above, do you wear a bikini to the beach and if so why? Feel free to leave your thoughts below in the comments box. Until next time, be blessed always!
Love you all,
Daughter of the King!


Bible Verses
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”    Romans 12: (KJV)
“In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array.” 2 Timothy 2:9 (KJV)


Be blessed by “He Knows My Nam” by Israel & New Breed



Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Modesty Survey I

In doing research for the topic of modesty, I stumbled across this very controversial survey, The Modesty Survey. The Modesty Survey is an anonymous discussion between Christian guys and girls on the topic of modesty. Apparently hundreds of Christian girls contributed to the 148-question survey and over 1,600 Christian guys submitted 150,000+ answers, including 25,000 text responses, over a 20-day period in the year of 2007. Usually you would think this is a dream come true for Christian women to be able to pick a Christian man’s brain on such a controversial issue. Initially in 2007 it was a hit and now the women who had contributed along with other men who had participated in the survey now feel that it was the worst thing that they could have done. After reading the views of both parties, I want to encourage you to read the points of view and form your own personal opinion of the survey. The links posted below are from one of the females and one of the males that took part in con

Prayers For The Month of November

Good morning to all, Sorry I have been away for a while but I am back! I pray that September and October have been good months to you. This is the month of Thanksgiving as many tend to call it. We have so much to give God thanks for. Just being alive is a blessing!  For the month of November I want us to concentrate on corporate prayer. You may ask well what is she talking about? Corporate prayer doesn't need to be a gathering of saints praying together. No, corporate prayer is about you standing in the gap for someone. There are many prophets in the Bible who did this and we can look at the story of Habakkuk. He was one of the minor prophets in the Bible who had no sin, but prayed and begged and pleaded God for mercy, forgiveness and restoration on behalf of his people who were in exile in Babylon.  God dropped in my spirit that we need to take time to prayer for others and not just ourselves. I have been guilty of this as well. So this month let's prayer f

Prayers For The Month of November

Happy November! I know I have been gone for a while. School has been so hectic this semester, but I have still been praying for you all and I am so happy God has used me to touch so many people out there to keep them encouraged while they are in they waiting period! This year has gone by so quickly....we are in November already and next month it will be Christmas time. For this month God has laid on my heart that we should pray for three things: 1) A hunger, thirst and desire for the things of God!  " As the deer  pants for streams of water,  so my soul pants  for you, my God. " Psalms 42:1 (NIV) 2) To trust in Him fully, surrendering all to Him, withholding nothing!  " Trust in the  Lord  with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) 3) To increase our faith! " But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God mus