Skip to main content

Why Should I Wait On God?

Yet another friend gets engaged or married or even starts a new relationship. And yes you are still alone, waiting…. Waiting for your happily ever after, waiting on your prince charming, waiting, as we singles say, to start life. But are we truly waiting on God?
Wait is defined by Webster’s dictionary as, “to remain stationary in readiness or expectation, to stay in place in expectation of.” As was stated in my last post over a week ago, I let it go and have totally given God full control over the area concerning my love life. I have had a peace that passes all understanding, putting total trust in Him and His plan for my life. Yes I long to be in love, be married, have kids and live happily ever after, but I remember a verse that a mother in my church always encouraged me with. It says in Matthew 6:33 (KJV), “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” This verse says ALL things, not some, but ALL things will be added unto you, this includes love, marriage, kids etc. However, there are pre-requisites before ALL things can be added unto you and that is seeking the kingdom of God. God’s kingdom is the rule and reign of Jesus Christ in our personal lives. We seek His kingdom through first and foremost our obedience to His word. Last week as I said I wasn’t fully trusting in God when it came to my love life. So I wasn’t fully obeying the word of God, I trusted Him in everything else but not fully there. So Proverbs 3:5-6 could not be fully fulfilled in my life. He could not fully direct my paths when I didn’t fully trust Him.
Psalms 37:4 (KJV) says, “Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” I was doing a little research on this verse and another conversion of the verse that I love by Norm Rasmussen, “"Delight yourself in the PRIORITIES of the Lord, (What is most important to God, in other words) and then He'll be a lot more interested in granting you many of the desires of your heart.” He is a man of His word, everything will pass away but the word will remain. The scripture says that God is not a man that He should lie (Numbers 23:19). So I know God knows the desires of my heart and if I am obedient to His word He will grant me them! God has to be first and foremost in our lives. We as woman place a huge importance on having to fall in love, get married and have children, but shouldn’t our biggest priority be our relationship with our Father? When Jesus is at the complete center of our lives and He is our all in all, our everything, all of these things (love, marriage, children, etc.) will be added to us. But first I am encouraging you who haven’t let it go, to let go, don’t say that you have let go and its constantly on your mind, and you are constantly questioning God, and worrying if its ever going to happen because you have not let it go completely. I knew I had let go because as I said above I had such peace, I had such joy and I felt so much love toward my Savior. And I just felt and still feel that if its not in God’s will for me to be married I will still be content, still be joyful, still be so in love with Him and still trust in His will for my life, and having this feeling I knew I completely gave it up to Him and that’s how you know.  He is truly my #1 priority in my life and I know He will grant me my desires but in HIS time.  We must remember that God has a perfect timing for everything, but we must learn to wait on Him.


So why should we wait on God? Waiting brings Him honor, and it brings you peace. (see Psalm 27:14).  Along with peace, other benefits are what I call the five R’s, Refreshment, Restoration, Revelation, Renewed Strength and Redirection. Spending time in God’s presence refreshes you and brings a new perspective, refreshment. There is a new beginning while waiting, restoration.  You find resolve through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, revelation.  You are ready to move forward and take another step, renewed strength. God is always there and will redirect you into the right place in Him where you can enjoy His protection and Care, redirection. Matt Chandler had a quote to us single women and it really made me take a new perspective on why I am waiting and why it is good to wait. It says, “"Can I say something to young ladies here? I’m trying to pick my words carefully here. Your husband, whoever he is, single ladies, will have an unbelievable amount of influence over your sons and daughters in regards to spiritual things. If you want your children to love Jesus deeply, hold out for a man that is Godly. And let me tell you this: I am well aware that Godly men are rare. Lots of neat Christian boys, not a lot of Godly men. And we’re working our tails off for you to try to develop some into that. But don’t settle; because it’s better that you be lonely now than you be married and lonely later. Are you tracking with me? It is better that you be lonely now than for you to get married to a man that will teach your kids everything but the way of Jesus."

So ladies I just want to encourage you let it go, let God have complete control and put your trust in Him. Allow him to have your heart until He feels you are ready to give it to the right one that He will send in your path. Don’t push or rush anything, it is worth the wait. Continue to wait on that man of God and experience peace, refreshment, restoration, revelation, renewed strength and redirection.  By waiting we will experience what real love is, and sex the way God intended to be in the covenant of marriage. Wait ladies!

I love you all!


Be blessed,


Daughter of the King



Bible Verses for the Week
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33 (KJV)


“Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” Psalms 37:4 (KJV)


“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)


“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” Psalms 27:14 (KJV)


“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)

"The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him." Lamentation 3:25 (KJV)



Quote For the Week
“When God knows you’re ready for the responsibility of commitment. He’ll reveal the right person under the right circumstances. Wait patiently. Don’t waste your time searching and wishing. Grow and be ready. And you will see, God will give you a love story far better than you could ever dream of…..”
Unknown 
Be blessed by “I Give You My Heart” by Hillsong


Also my friend posted a song that I thought was so nice, wait for a man like this…

“Marry Your Daughter” by Brian MckNight Jr. & Niko Mcknight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BZM2mbHThs























Comments

  1. I think I will become a great follower.Just want to say your article is striking. The clarity in your post is simply striking and i can take for granted you are an expert on this subject.

    mens necklaces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daughter of The KingJuly 01, 2013 8:34 AM

    Thanks Jon, no expert just learning day by day how to live this single life the way Christ intended us to live! I am glad you were blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Modesty Survey I

In doing research for the topic of modesty, I stumbled across this very controversial survey, The Modesty Survey. The Modesty Survey is an anonymous discussion between Christian guys and girls on the topic of modesty. Apparently hundreds of Christian girls contributed to the 148-question survey and over 1,600 Christian guys submitted 150,000+ answers, including 25,000 text responses, over a 20-day period in the year of 2007. Usually you would think this is a dream come true for Christian women to be able to pick a Christian man’s brain on such a controversial issue. Initially in 2007 it was a hit and now the women who had contributed along with other men who had participated in the survey now feel that it was the worst thing that they could have done. After reading the views of both parties, I want to encourage you to read the points of view and form your own personal opinion of the survey. The links posted below are from one of the females and one of the males that took part in con

Prayers For The Month of November

Good morning to all, Sorry I have been away for a while but I am back! I pray that September and October have been good months to you. This is the month of Thanksgiving as many tend to call it. We have so much to give God thanks for. Just being alive is a blessing!  For the month of November I want us to concentrate on corporate prayer. You may ask well what is she talking about? Corporate prayer doesn't need to be a gathering of saints praying together. No, corporate prayer is about you standing in the gap for someone. There are many prophets in the Bible who did this and we can look at the story of Habakkuk. He was one of the minor prophets in the Bible who had no sin, but prayed and begged and pleaded God for mercy, forgiveness and restoration on behalf of his people who were in exile in Babylon.  God dropped in my spirit that we need to take time to prayer for others and not just ourselves. I have been guilty of this as well. So this month let's prayer f

Prayers For The Month of April

Happy April! I am so sorry I have been away for a while, but I am back by the grace of God. School got extremely hectic, but my thoughts and prayers were always with you! It's amazing how the page has received so much views and attention! Thanks for your support! So as we know this is the month that we commemorate the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! We think about the love that kept Him on the cross for you and me. So for the month of April I am asking that we pray for three things: 1) Patience so that we can wait on God's timing. " But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience."   Romans 8:25 (ESV) 2) The love of God. Christ died just for me and you because of love, let's pray to be His hands extended and show that love each and every day! " But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. " Romans 5:8 (KJV) 3) A spirit of gratef