Skip to main content

Engagement & Marriage Fever

          

           Well ladies I don't know about you, but there seems to be some sort of fever going around. Everyone around me seems to be getting engaged and if not engaged married. Here I sit, in my mid twenties, single, a virgin, and it seems like no prospects in sight. Yet every time I log onto Facebook there is some newly engaged couple or someone got married once again or there are pictures of happy couples so in love. Every time I turn on the television its another romantic movie, or television show on…..
            The enemy tries each time to make me feel lonely, that I am getting old, and that I will end up alone. At this point I'm asking God why hasn't my time come to love? Why hasn't my time come to have someone to call my own. Lord I've stayed true to my vow to save myself for my husband, and I have been by the grace of God been living my life for You, growing, and walking in Your word. Yet the desire of wanting to be in love and start a family hasn't come yet…..
            How many of you feel this way sometimes? I just want you to know that you are not alone. It's just the plan of the enemy to get us to think that God's promises aren't sure and His word won't come to pass. God said in His word in Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV), " For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." and He also says in Psalms 37:4 (KJV), "Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Everything will pass away but the word of the Lord God will stand forever! (Matthew 24:35).
             When God answers me in that still small voice, in a sermon at church, on the tv or on the radio or when He sends someone. He always says to me to  be content  where you are in life, I have a purpose and plan in all of this, just trust Me. I always feel so comforted to know that He is always there , I may sometimes feel alone but I always remind myself of Matthew 28:20 (KJV), "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
             I don't listen to much secular music, but you hear the love songs at weddings and occasionally in movies, and a song a lot of us can to relate to is "Ready For Love" by India Arie. The first verse says, 
"I am ready for love, 
Why are you hiding from me
I'd quickly give my freedom
To be held in your captivity"
India Arie then goes on to say:
"I am ready for love
Here with an offering of 
My voice
My Eyes
My soul
My mind
Tell me what is enough
To prove I am ready for love
I am ready"
             I know we all can relate to the lyrics of that song, because we feel ready. I don't think our problem is finding a man, starting a relationship, and getting married, its finding the right one that God designed specifically for us. My friend just recently got married and I stood in her wedding and it was so much fun, and was such a joyous occasion. I didn't spend time wallowing in my sorrow, that I was still single, but looked at the hope that lied ahead of me knowing that one day it would be me, if I wait patiently on God. My friend did and now she is married to a man of God who loves God with all of his heart and adores and loves her like Christ loves the church.  
               God told me three years ago this month that my husband was coming very soon and I can feel each and every day that I am getting closer to meeting the man that God has for me. The one who is led by God and will love me like Christ loves the church. Until then I have come to a point where I am happy and content at where God has me, my main concentration is growing in Him and doing well in school, while I wait. God is teaching me so many things during this single season of my life and truly preparing me to be a mighty woman of God.
               So ladies  in waiting remember that, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KJV). Don't worry about everyone else, our time will come for us to love and be loved, and it will be with a true man of God and it will be a relationship joined together by God! So don't mope around thinking time is not your friend and you are getting older and time is running out, but know that all things will work out in God's timing!

Love you all!

Raven

Be blessed by "I Promise" by Jaci Velasquez and also check out the rest of the lyrics of "Ready for Love" by India Arie at the links below! 


Key Bible Verses

" For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)

"Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalms 37:4 (KJV)

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." Matthew 24:35

"Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." Matthew 28:20 (KJV)
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KJV)





Comments

  1. I can identify with this post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is me, EveryDay. . . I can see mine him not his face. He's RIGHT STANDING! I even feel him and there's someone standing in the room and it's a man standing in the same banquet hall closer to him by the door Smiling. . . I haven't met him yet but he's mines and he's and here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Lauren! God Bless!

    I have the same feeling Nakeisha my dear, he is very close.....just have to wait on God's timing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a reminder -- while you wait -- enjoy your singleness. I know that seems like a hard thing to say for someone who is looking to be married -- but marriage is for a lifetime (or should be) and once you are in it -- you're in it. I've been married for 23 years now -- going on 24 this year -- I love being married and all that comes with it -- but I want to be honest and say -- there are times when I just want to go to bed without having to fulfill any marital obligation to my partner -- without them having them feel any fear of rejection -- sometimes I would like to just for dinner eat out of a bag of chips without making dinner and being concerned about fixing anything for anyone else -- you know what I'm talking about -- just be selfish every now and again -- but because I'm married (with children) -- that's not an option anymore. It's all good and I wouldn't change it for the world -- but I want other singles to know that your singleness is truly a time to be totally devoted to Christ and Christ alone -- and not anyone else. That's a job unto itself. God bless you and I'm sure God is getting him ready for you -- just like He's getting you ready for him. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful and encouraging post. A year and a half ago I was right where you are: a twenty something single virgin with big dreams and no prospects in sight. I met my future husband a few days before my 24th birthday and we were married less than a year later. It honestly can happen that fast. And he is perfect for me. In little ways and big ways, everyday I'm astounded by how perfectly God matched us. So hang in there; God gave you this desire and He will honor your patience as you wait for His best for you! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee I want to thank you for the encouraging words. I have truly been enjoying my single season and I have seen how God has been preparing me for years now for this thing called marriage. I know its no cup of tea and that it is truly beautiful, but it requires work and selflessness. I have been single for 8 years now and I have been totally committed to God and the lessons that He has been teaching me preparing me in order to prepare me for this man of God has been amazing. I can honestly say that the woman 8 years ago is not the same woman today. Thanking God for His lesson's and I am continuing to enjoy this journey and I am seeing how much I have changed and see how I am ready for that part of life, but only until God says so. I want to continue to encourage the single women to continue to wait and enjoy the journey, but also allow God to mold you and teach you things along the way as you wait..Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leah thanks so much for your encouraging testimony! This is my reason for waiting to know that the man God has out there for me will be not be perfect, but perfect for me. I know I am going to be in awe of my love story just like you were about yours! Thanks again for that testimony! May God continue to bless your union!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

The Modesty Survey I

In doing research for the topic of modesty, I stumbled across this very controversial survey, The Modesty Survey. The Modesty Survey is an anonymous discussion between Christian guys and girls on the topic of modesty. Apparently hundreds of Christian girls contributed to the 148-question survey and over 1,600 Christian guys submitted 150,000+ answers, including 25,000 text responses, over a 20-day period in the year of 2007. Usually you would think this is a dream come true for Christian women to be able to pick a Christian man’s brain on such a controversial issue. Initially in 2007 it was a hit and now the women who had contributed along with other men who had participated in the survey now feel that it was the worst thing that they could have done. After reading the views of both parties, I want to encourage you to read the points of view and form your own personal opinion of the survey. The links posted below are from one of the females and one of the males that took part in con

Prayers For The Month of November

Good morning to all, Sorry I have been away for a while but I am back! I pray that September and October have been good months to you. This is the month of Thanksgiving as many tend to call it. We have so much to give God thanks for. Just being alive is a blessing!  For the month of November I want us to concentrate on corporate prayer. You may ask well what is she talking about? Corporate prayer doesn't need to be a gathering of saints praying together. No, corporate prayer is about you standing in the gap for someone. There are many prophets in the Bible who did this and we can look at the story of Habakkuk. He was one of the minor prophets in the Bible who had no sin, but prayed and begged and pleaded God for mercy, forgiveness and restoration on behalf of his people who were in exile in Babylon.  God dropped in my spirit that we need to take time to prayer for others and not just ourselves. I have been guilty of this as well. So this month let's prayer f

Prayers For The Month of April

Happy April! I am so sorry I have been away for a while, but I am back by the grace of God. School got extremely hectic, but my thoughts and prayers were always with you! It's amazing how the page has received so much views and attention! Thanks for your support! So as we know this is the month that we commemorate the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! We think about the love that kept Him on the cross for you and me. So for the month of April I am asking that we pray for three things: 1) Patience so that we can wait on God's timing. " But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience."   Romans 8:25 (ESV) 2) The love of God. Christ died just for me and you because of love, let's pray to be His hands extended and show that love each and every day! " But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. " Romans 5:8 (KJV) 3) A spirit of gratef